Beyonce as Creatrix: A female who brings forth or produces; a mother
Creatrix (n) – A female who brings forth or produces; a mother; a female founder, authoress, creatrix.
I’d never heard this word before today and it popped up twice in the space of a couple of hours, in the writing of this awesome woman and this one. It’s about female power, creation and nurturing our feminine gifts and I am INTO it. I need this word today, when creating feels like wading through mud (thanks, retrograde planets).
What does it mean? How about:
- Taking back our bodies and souls.
- Embracing our natural beauty, magic, power and wisdom.
- Acknowledging ourselves as creators of life, one with all of life.
- Aligning ourselves with natural forces and cycles of nature.
- Working with sisters everywhere to rise up.
Or, in Beyonce’s words:
“What’s worse, lookin’ jealous or crazy? / Jealous or crazy? / Or like being walked all over lately, walked all over lately / I’d rather be crazy”
If there was ever a woman who embodied what it means to be a creatrix, it’s Beyonce and her incredible creation of Lemonade. You can call me one crazy creatrix from now on.